Friday, May 11, 2012

A new challenge

I start a new class today - Arabesque:  An Embellished Trapunto Project.  Embellished trapunto changes the texture of the fabric with embroidery and embellishments and adds volume with quilting and trapunto.  This  technique gives an intricate and delicate look to your quilt.  Martine House has won awards for her exquisite needlework and will be the teacher from Quilt University.
This is a technique I have considered exploring for about 35 years, now the time has come.
I am excited and a bit intimidated, but as the class starts tonight, no time to back out.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Uli, Thanks for visiting my blog. I just came across a quilted bag that I want to make using trapunto. I have never tried it before, so it should be a fun challenge. Hope you are enjoying the class.